Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Morning Hike

Looking into the Swamp

East Bonita Springs borders one of the most pristine and beautiful areas in the country, the Corkscrew Swamp. The Audubon Society has it's "crown jewel" sanctuary here, and Thomas Edison and Henry Ford used to hunt the area. Recently, I took some time to hike a small portion of it to practice photography.

The Long Road In
 
I began my trek in the early morning. My goal was first to spend a little time outdoors, and second to get some experience with my new camera. I use the automatic settings currently, and once I get used to the functions, I will try my hand at manual settings. Below are some of the images I captured.
 
Berry Close-up

Mossy Log

Palm Fans

Running Water

Air Plant

Fishy
 
I caught some wildlife images as well. I just missed an otter as he dove in the water and took off. Maybe next time.
 
Well Hidden Tortoise

Butterfly Close-up

American Kestrel

Black Snake Posing
 

Young Ibis

Feeding Ibis Trio

Vulture

The Family
 
I don't know what was more fun, hiking through these woods, of taking photos. Any excuse to get out is good enough for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment